I want to apologize for being MIA the last couple weeks. I’ve been trying to put the post on Chicago together but my IPhoto seems to be going a little haywire at the moment. Please stay tuned—I promise I will get one out there because the trip was beyond amazing and my sisters and I found the best places to eat and shop!
Some great news: (1) I am finally finished my undergrad (I wrote my final exam last week), (2) I’m finally 22 (also happened last week), And (3), I just signed the lease for my new apartment in Toronto!! As of September 9th I will be living in Maple Leaf Square so please come visit!
In terms of my Friday Favourites, I wanted to put together a couple trends and things that have been crossing my path this last week—and pretty much have me drooling.
1. Ombre Nails: I’ve been searching for new nail trends and this is one I saw on fellow blogger Chi City Fashion’s Instagram. I will definitely be trying this nail trend in the last few weeks of summer. Also on my radar are leather nails and beaded nails—as I just picked up two polishes at Sephora in Chicago. I’ll report back once I’ve given them a try.
2. Jennifer Lawrence on the cover of September Vogue. This is—hands down—my favourite magazine cover, ever. Not only am I in love with J Law, but I think it is beyond cool that she is on the cover of my favourite issue of the year (September issues = bigger & better than all the rest of the months!).
I also have to point out that her chopped locks look FAB! Congrats Jennifer Lawrence, I can’t wait for your next comedic interview (or fall).
3. This Healthy(ish) Kale and Ricotta Pasta Recipe I made on Monday, since my parents are away all week and I have to cook for myself (sigh).
It’s super easy and tastes really good. Simply boil 2 1/2 cups of Kamut Penne Pasta until tender. In a large sauté pan cook up 2 cloves of garlic and about 3 cups of Kale with a little olive oil. Dump in the pasta and add 1 cup of ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and a little freshly squeezed lemon juice. For a little more punch, add half a cup of chopped up pistachios. Serves 3-4.
4. A makeup tutorial on how to look like Miranda Kerr. Who wouldn’t want to look like her?
5. Fashion Blogger Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam. I’ve recently become obsessed with Gal Meets Glam. I love her girly style and how she incoporates high-end designers with lower-priced retailers. Her outfit from yesterday really hit home for me because, not only did it include a cute black leather skirt (which I am currently craving), but a striped top with heart elbow patches! So adorable. Check her out!
I hope you enjoyed my Friday Favourites!
Happy Weekend & get ready for my Chicago posting coming as soon as I fix IPhoto!